Sunday, October 14, 2007

Soup Variations


So many people love this tortellini soup and I do it in so many variations. I sometimes add spinach to it & make it with spinach & cheese tortellini. I have made it with chicken stock and used cheese tortellini.

There is another variation I use when I have a soup & sandwich night, which is perfect for a cold winter afternoon or a quick dinner when you really don't feel like cooking. This goes best with grilled cheese sandwiches.


Ingredients:
22 oz cheese tortellini
2 14.5 oz cans of your favorite tomato soup
1/2 C half & half
1 Tb basil pesto


Heat soup in large saucepan and add tortellini

Add half & half, pesto and cream

Simmer on low 5-10 minutes until flavor incorporate and tortellini is cooked




2 Comments:

Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

OK, YUM!!! I want some now--it's perfect weather for this! Do you have to use half/half or can you use whole milk?

Monday, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

You can use half & half, cream or milk. Half & half & cream would just make it richer and (obviously) creamier.

After you make it, tell me how you liked this!

Monday, October 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home